Today is the La-man's 1st Birthday and it has been so much fun. He is so funny and just entering such a crazy, busy and sweet age. I want to list 10 things to my little guy that I love.. I have seen this on other blogs and wanted to steal the idea because it was so good:)
10.You are so stinkin' squishy, I want to squeeze you all the time;)
9.You are so funny. You already have such a sense of humor and a pinch of ornery.I love when I tell you no-no, and you look at me show me those two pearly whites and shake your head with a vengeance as you repeat back to me, no-no no-no, as if it were your idea:)
8.I love how you are all boy!!! I mean rock eating, sand throwing, outlet plug finger stickin, head throwing, body bucking, remote loving BOY!!!!
7.I love how you light up when those you love walk in the room. I can already see compassion and encouragement in you. You smile so freely when you see your sister or when we pull up to Daddy's work and you start freakin' out yelling(and i do mean yelling) da-da, da-da....and then lung for him with all you have. Or when you see or your nona or pop pop and you just get so excited. It is a blessing to watch your joy for life overflow.
6.I love the way you look for me in the house when you have lost tabs on me. First I hear the pitter patter of hands and knees for a few seconds.Then I hear your booty hit the floor as you sit up.... then like literal music to my ears..... my momma? my momma? then the pitter patters again towards my voice and a mixture of grunting and my momma? continues until you spot me and throw those precious arms in the air waiting for me to pick you up:)
5.I love how you shovel in your food and nibble on your chubby little fingers with every bite and then promptly look at me and say "Mo my momma Mo!" You can put away the groceries son and it makes me laugh.
4.I love to watch you learn. You listen to books like no child I have ever seen. It is crazy how still your busy little body gets and how you focus on each page and every word that comes from my lips. I think it is awesome how you love the trucks and diggers book and how do you know to love that,refer to the point i made earlier about you being all boy....
3.It is great to watch you dance. It can make me cry I am laughing so hard as you raise the roof so hard with both your chubby little arms that you fall over backwards and belly laugh. Then come right back for more:)
2.I love that you have such a gentle spirit in the midst of all your boy. It is the most incredible thing when you cry when your sister does. Or for that matter when another child is upset at all. It is amazing the way you great me with an open mouth kiss and bury your head into my chest to give love. Moments to treasure forever when you wake up in your bed and lay there forever singing, I have no doubt that goes straight to our Father's ears. It is literally angelic.
1.The thing I love most is you are my REWARD. Little did I know what God had in mind when I found out you were on your way. It had been and was a really rough season and I had not planned on a little guy entering the picture. I remember finding out you were coming and feeling so very inadequate and scared to bring you into what I thought was a mess. God assured me you were coming in perfect time and you were my reward. I walked that in faith until the moment I met you and instantly it was a reality. It was as if God was painting a masterpiece and he had already done a pretty good job, I just couldn't see the whole picture. I knew Addie Grace was all the bright on the page and more than enough beauty for the piece to be finished. But God had some finishing touches and when you entered our family it was clear to me, God was given me a reward for staying in the mess long enough to see it was never a mess but a work in progress. My little boy you show me love and give me love in a way that is straight from our Father. He has blessed me with your life and I pray he grants me the wisdom and clarity to be a blessing in yours. Thanks little man for being my reward:) "I'll love you forever, I'll like you for always, as long as I am living my baby you'll be."
Eat, Pray and LOVE Bali
10 years ago
7 comments:
What a great, honest letter. :)
He IS very squishy-- I love those precious times with little ones when they are just so chunky and cute!!!
As I read this today with tears running down my face I say the following: I love you my baby
10: You are beautiful inside and out
9: You strive and struggle daily to grow and seek the Lord
8: You dig in and never give up-- the victory is yours and the Lords
7: You are a good friend
6: You are a good homemaker
5: You keep your children's faces clean and noses wiped--YES this is important--it shows much more than the act
4: You are a giver--a sacrifical giver
3: You make me smile when I see you smile with such love for your children
2: You teach me with your Godly wisdom
1: You are my princess, MY GIFT and I am forever grateful to my heavenly father---I am blessed and I love you dearly
PS: Thank you for both my precious babies---they literally light up my world AND Lawman is squishy and I love to SQUISH
PS:::---I guess Shawna and I both started out the morning in tears HAHA
Ok, wow...was it really necessary to make me get all teary and crap this morning! I absolutely LOVE this blog! I just wish I could live closer and know Lawson the way I did Addison. He is precious! I love you much sister!
Ok...this was moving! What beautiful words:) I agree with Sabby, I wish I got to be around him more to enjoy his squishyness:):) Well done, mama, you have been rewarded greatly!
chills mama, your words gave me total, head-to-toe chills.
Heather, like everyone else, that brought tears to my eyes, and I don't think it's just hormones! Your babies are beautiful! Love, Hayley
Post a Comment